[evlatests] Fwd: Bandpass comparison

Rick Perley rperley at nrao.edu
Wed Jun 8 11:22:08 EDT 2022

Thanks to all who responded to my original posting.

I forward Rob Selina's response, as it neatly summarizes what I heard
from others.   I also pinged the MeerKAT people about any
'pre-calibration' -- there is none, except for parallel-hand and
cross-hand delays.

The 'bottom line' is evidently in the simplicity of the electronics,
with no long cables connecting disparate units, and no up/down
conversions involving separate modules.   Our comlicated-looking
bandpass spectra seem to be a result of the many different reflections
bounding around in the electronics.

'Keep it simple' seems to be the appropriate mantra!

Rick