[evlatests] OTF Holography Tests

Bryan Butler bbutler at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 11 15:03:13 EST 2022

Take the difference of an OTF'ing antenna with one of the reference
antennas (10, 23, 28) during the OTF beamcuts.  That will give you
delta-az, delta-el, as a function of time, which can be transformed to
(l,m).  Parse what you want out of the Pointing.xml file where the
modified SDM is (the directory I sent you); I used Rich's converter to
get XML from binary.  There is a Perl script there (readPtgSDM_2.pl)
that will parse out a single antenna and print the relevant values to
STDOUT.  It takes a while (about 15 minutes per antenna) because
Pointing.xml is quite large.  A couple of examples are in antenna_2.out
and antenna_10.out (I didn't chop out just the times on the OTF beamcuts
- it's all in there for the whole run).  I may have to add more
precision for this particular application.  Bill would have to add
similar mechanics to BDFIN if you wanted this all done automagically,
I'd guess.

	-Bryan