[evlatests] Fwd: missing panel pics

George Moellenbrock gmoellen at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 9 15:00:05 EDT 2020

Oops, Vivek points out to me that it was actually *ea20*.  ea21 was on
*N01*, which is inline with the W arm and so not visible from the
webcam, and I mis-labeled my initial email to ops/wye about the missing
panel, assuming the first visible pad on the north arm was N01 (ea20).
(I was looking at the webcam photos that morning for a timelapse of the
move.)

The antenna which lost the panel was on the first visible (i.e.,
unobscured by antennas on the west arm) pad on the north arm, which I
believe to be N02, and this was, indeed, ea20, *not* ea21.

Sorry for the confusion.  (Alas.  That would have been too neat an
explanation!)

Curiously, however, although ea20/N02 was one of the first to move in to
D-config (on Oct 24, apparently), it apparently doesn't get a position
update until Nov 17/18, more than 3 weeks after it moved.  It was stowed
for a ~day (until the panel was retrieved), but it did observe the next
day (see photo in previous note), and presumably through early
November.  The total position error on Nov 17 was 2.2cm....

(I wonder what the ea20's holography looks like?  Was the panel
re-mounted to better than a few mm??)

-George