[evlatests] ea21 Panels

rperley rperley at nrao.edu
Thu Jul 9 13:58:54 EDT 2020

I'm analyzing the holography data, taken Jan 2019 and May 2020.

Something is quite wrong with the outer panels on ea21.  Panels 6-1,
6-2, and 5-1 are seriously (centimeters!) away from their proper
position.  The errors are far too large for Ka-band data to give us the
required answer, due to phase wraps.

As seen from the front (looking into the dish), 6-1 and 6-2 are the
first and second panels in the outer right, counting clockwise from the
top.  5-1 is the first panel in the next ring in, counting from the top.

These errors are big enough that they ought to be visible to the eye.
Unfortunately, the antenna is now on E28, rather far out for a casual
visit.  But if somebody is going out that way, it might be good to look.

The attachment shows the color-coded panel displacements.  Ignore the
large errors along the x- and y-axes -- these are due to the quad leg
shadows.  The area of interest is in the area of x = 2 meters, y = 11
meters.

And if the misplaced panels are on the other side of the vertical -- I
really need to know that!!!

Rick