[evlatests] WIDAR data

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 24 16:18:18 EST 2008

Orion H2O maser EVLA data set orion23nov08

1. Ant 3, IFs 1,2,5,7 are bad.  bpass did a horrible job until these were
    explicitly flagged -- about 1 in 20 channels had a completely erratic
    value while the others were fine.

2. phase jump (expected?) at 05:18:33.  This is between offset setting #2
    and #3

3. Strong evidence of the sin(x)/x correlator spectral response from the
    maser in IF3 for all three frequency offsets.  No evidence in IF5 of
    such power.  This is completely countered by Hanning smoothing
    (smooth=1,0 in aips) as expected.

4. There is no evidence of a mirror image of in either the top end of IF3
    or the top end of IF4 within the noise limit.  The spectral dynamic
    range (peak channel flux density to RMS channel flux density) is at
    least 4000:1 (36 dB).

Additional details available upon request.

-Walter