[Difx-users] num_stations limit in difxcalc {External}

Leonid Petrov Leonid.Petrov at lpetrov.net
Tue Sep 5 20:15:45 EDT 2023

Adam,

> So I was going to update those two lines in d_out.f to be of length Max_stat rather than hardcoded to 36.  It seems that to do so, I need to include the cmxst11 file prior to the declaration of the relevant variable in the subroutine (seems logical).  Just wanted to check from someone who knows FORTRAN better than me that that was okay, since at the moment it is being included after all the variable declarations.  I also wondered if we need to ensure that difxcalc checks to make sure that the number of requested stations is not greater than max_stat - at the moment, I can't see that such a check is being made (it certainly wasn't being made against that hardcoded 36 number).

  This is supposed to work. Yes, the code must check the number of requested
stations does not exceed the limit. Yes, constants like max number of ...
are supposed to be defined in include files before declarations. The use
of hardcoded constants should be avoided in an language, except English.
JFI: many fortran compiler implementations do not support nested include blocks.

Leonid
2023.09.05_20:11:26
P.S. difxvtd supports the max number of stations 256.