[Difx-users] Issue with generating .difx files using startdifx command {External} {External}

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Thu May 18 19:19:20 EDT 2023

Hi De Wu,

As Chris mentioned, the issue is probably one of argument incompatibility
between openmpi and mpich.  Sadly, the different MPI implementations (and
even different versions of the same implementation!) seem to take fiendish
pleasure in changing the options that are supported.  There should be an
option (commented out by default) in the setup.bash/setup.csh file you
source before running DiFX that allows you to set the MPI invocation
parameters, e.g.:

#DIFX_MPIRUNOPTIONS "--mca mpi_yield_when_idle 1 --mca rmaps seq"

Unfortunately, I don't have personal experience with mpich4.*, but I'd
suggest just having a look for reference material online about what options
it supports compared to openmpi.  (As a first guess, you could always try
just setting DIFX_MPIRUNOPTIONS to not have --mca and see what happens...)

Cheers,
Adam

--
Prof. Adam Deller