[Difx-users] Git migration meeting {External}

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Mon May 2 08:04:11 EDT 2022

Hi difx-devs and difx-users,

I'd like to schedule a meeting to cover some logistics related to the
planned migration from SVN to git.  This is getting rather urgent because
we are approaching a natural breakpoint with some impending version
releases, plus I am applying for a second round of ADACS software support
to continue the implementation of GPU-DiFX and this will be massively
simplified if we are on git by mid-year.

I'm proposing the week of May 23, and we will run into the usual timezone
issues with people spread across nearly every timezone worldwide.  The
biggest longitude gap at the moment, with daylight savings in the northern
hemisphere, is east coast Australia to the US (with apologies to anyone in
Hawai'i).  So I would propose to hold this at e.g. 1300 UT, which would be
late in Australia, early in the US, and friendly in Asia and Europe.  if
you are interested in keeping abreast (or contributing to) the svn to git
migration, can you please respond to me only (no need to reply-all) with
the the following:
1) time okay, could only do if earlier, or could only do if later; and
2) which day(s) are free that week (or if that week is no good at all.)
by the end of this week?  I'll then publish a time or seek further options.

Also, please consider joining the DiFX slack if you haven't already - ask
me for an invite if you want to get on and aren't already.

Cheers,
Adam

--
Prof. Adam Deller