[Difx-users] DIFX-2.6.3 pre-release {External}

Greg Lindahl glindahl at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 16 15:33:31 EST 2021

I have a relatively minor comment about 2.6.3: it doesn't build --noipp.
Looks like an easy fix, and I have mentioned it directly to Jan Wagner.

I built it as part of my little project to see if virtualtrunk, 2.6-trunk,
2.7-trunk, and 2.6.3 give similar answers to 2.6.2 for the EHT 2018 golden
scans. So far all of these are compiling for me. Next up, actual testing.

-- greg

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 8:47 PM Phillips, Chris (S&A, Marsfield) via
Difx-users <difx-users at listmgr.nrao.edu> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Just a reminder about this - I have not heard any reports (good or bad)
> wrt DIFX 2.6.3
>
> I am particularly keen to hear from anyone who uses “Double Sideband”
> Complex data, or LSB complex data.
>
> Cheers
> Chris
>
> > On Oct 21, 2021, at 9:37 PM, Phillips, Chris (S&A, Marsfield) via
> Difx-users <difx-users at listmgr.nrao.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > DIFX-2.6.3 is close to being available. I would urge anyone who is
> currently using a 2.6.x version of DIFX to try installing 2.6.3 in the next
> 2 weeks and check it works for you.
> >
> > If you are unsure how to make such a comparison, please send a message
> to this mailing list and ask for suggestions.
> >
> > Changes (not guaranteed to be comprehensive):
> >
> > - Complex data lower sideband fixes (all forms of complex data should
> work now, knock on wood).
> > - Haystack/ehtc updates from Geoff
> > - hops updates
> > - py3 tweaks,
> > - sites/MPIfR updates
> > - vex library compile updates (mostly OS X related)
> > - Variety of minor bug fixes
> > - Updated genipppc for latest IPP version
> >

> > Please test and report back before Friday 5th November. As this stage I
> would consider the branch in a slushy freeze state. Please do not add new
> features etc, but we will fix any bugs found. I would like to freeze the
> code on Monday 8th November (Australian time!) if no problems are found.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Chris

Greg Lindahl
Software Architect, Event Horizon Telescope
Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
60 Garden Street | MS 66 | Cambridge, MA 02138