[Difx-users] Update to mpifxcorr

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Mon Aug 24 18:24:08 EDT 2020

Good to hear! Clumpy VDIF will be no match for mpifxcorr now.

I think disabling the multithread VDIF over network, with a comment in the
code, is probably the best/safest solution.

Cheers,
Adam

On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 00:38, Walter Brisken via Difx-users <
difx-users at listmgr.nrao.edu> wrote:

> Hi Difx users,
>
> Over the weekend I committed to mpifxcorr trunk the rather significant
> improvements to VDIF multiplexing for Mark6- and file-based correlation.
> Support for multi-thread VDIF on Mark5 has been disabled based on complete
> lack of interest in seeing that retained.
>
> The fix should allow better VDIF playback when threads are mildly
> "clumpy".  In
> its current build, the limits to this are somewhat hardwired.  At some
> point I
> intend to make the maximum "clumpiness" a function of the recording rate
> --
> e.g., perhaps to allow some specific fraction of a second of thread skew.
>
> Multi-thread VDIF reading over networks may or may not have been adversely
> affected by these changes.  I know of no use of this mode either and I'm
> tempted to disable that as well unless there are objections.
>
>         -Walter

A/Prof. Adam Deller
ARC Future Fellow
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
phone: +61 3 9214 5307
fax: +61 3 9214 8797