[Difx-users] Update to mpifxcorr

Walter Brisken wbrisken at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 24 10:38:10 EDT 2020

Hi Difx users,

Over the weekend I committed to mpifxcorr trunk the rather significant
improvements to VDIF multiplexing for Mark6- and file-based correlation.
Support for multi-thread VDIF on Mark5 has been disabled based on complete
lack of interest in seeing that retained.

The fix should allow better VDIF playback when threads are mildly "clumpy".  In
its current build, the limits to this are somewhat hardwired.  At some point I
intend to make the maximum "clumpiness" a function of the recording rate --
e.g., perhaps to allow some specific fraction of a second of thread skew.

Multi-thread VDIF reading over networks may or may not have been adversely
affected by these changes.  I know of no use of this mode either and I'm
tempted to disable that as well unless there are objections.

 	-Walter

Walter Brisken
NRAO
Deputy Assistant Director for VLBA Development
(575)-835-7133 (office)
(505)-234-5912 (cell)