[Difx-users] Missing scans when using DiFX 2.6.1

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Mon Sep 30 17:25:47 EDT 2019

Hi Matt,

Are the scans definitely present in both cases after running vex2difx (that
is, have identical .input, .calc etc files been generated)? If not, the
problem would be at the vex2difx stage, and the missing baselines were
never correlated.  If so, are all the .difx output files generated after
running DiFX and are they the same size? If not, the problem is in
mpifxcorr.  If so, then indeed, the problem is likely with difx2mark4.

Is there any reason why you are using different versions of difx2mark4 and
vex2difx/mpifxcorr/etc?

Cheers,
Adam

On Tue, 1 Oct 2019 at 05:04, Hardin, Matthew R CTR NAVOBSY, N3EO via
Difx-users <difx-users at listmgr.nrao.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed that when I compare the output of DiFX 2.5.3 with 2.6.1, a
> significant number of fringes are missing from the results of 2.6.1 (486
> fringes out of 7738 total). I'm using the IVS session R4910 (S/X, 24-hour)
> for the comparisons. There appears to be one random baseline missing from
> every scan (both S & X).
>
> However, I don't have the issue if I correlate with 2.6.1, but use the
> version of difx2mark4 that came with 2.5.3.
>
> Please let me know if you need more information.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Matt
>

> ------------------------------------
> Matthew Hardin
> VLBI Scientific Analyst
> Earth Orientation Department
> U.S. Naval Observatory
> 3450 Massachusetts Ave. NW
> Washington DC 20392, USA
> email: matthew.r.hardin.ctr at navy.mil
> alt: mhardin at usra.edu
> phone: 202-762-0059

A/Prof. Adam Deller
ARC Future Fellow
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
John St, Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia
phone: +61 3 9214 5307
fax: +61 3 9214 8797