[Difx-users] New location for the EOP files

Gordon, David (GSFC-61A.0)[NVI INC] david.gordon-1 at nasa.gov
Thu May 2 22:22:32 EDT 2019

DiFX users:

After several months of delays, we have finally gotten a new host for the EOP
files, usno_finals.erp and usno500_finals.erp. They are now going to the CDDIS
data center. You can get them either using anonymous ftp:

ftp cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov
and cd to:
cd vlbi/gsfc/ancillary/solve_apriori

or you can use a web browser:
ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/vlbi/gsfc/ancillary/solve_apriori

They are now being generated on a different computer at 11:00 PM
local time at GSFC (Eastern Daylight Time) or 03:00 UTC and transferred
to cddis shortly afterwards. Previously they were generated at 4:30 AM
local time (8:30 UTC). As such, they will look a little different, with the
previous day's time stamp, and different first and last dates, but with the
same 'Last date with real data:'.

Hopefully the new system will be robust, but let me know if you have
any problems. I want to thank Walter Brisken and NRAO for hosting
these files for the last few months.

David Gordon
GSFC VLBI Analysis Center