[Difx-users] 13th DiFX users and Developers workshop - registration open

Adam Deller adeller at astro.swin.edu.au
Mon Jul 29 06:40:36 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

A short addendum as I forgot a couple of items:

1) Those outside Australia might not have heard, but DiFX was recently
awarded the Peter McGregor prize by the Astronomical Society of Australia
at the annual scientific meeting in Brisbane.  The Peter McGregor Prize is
awarded by the ASA once every two years, in recognition of exceptional
achievement or innovation in astronomical instrumentation. The commendation
text read: "DiFX transformed long-baseline interferometry. It has
contributed significantly to reducing the barrier to entry and play a major
role in radio astronomy research internationally. The system has enabled a
wide range of science, as testified by the very high number of references
to the key technical papers. The open-access nature of the software has put
a new tool in the hands of astronomers, with demonstrated positive results.
Its scalability and adaptability has and continues to enable researchers to
tailor its behaviour and pursue what would otherwise be difficult science
goals."  On behalf of the collaboration, I'd like to thank everyone that
has made DiFX such as success that our achievements are recognised on this
level!

2) I'm using google forms to track the registrations for the 2019
workshop.  Once you have registered, please check
http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/research/conferences/difx2019/list-of-participants/
(you might need to give it a few minutes to update, and/or clear your
browser's cache) to make sure that google worked its magic.  If you can't
see your name there after 10 minutes and a browser refresh, please send me
an email so I know there is a problem with the system!

Regards,
Adam

--