[Difx-users] GSFC website down

Luis Henry Quiroga Nuñez quiroganunez at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Feb 13 04:11:40 EST 2019

Dear David,

Following the discussion below about the accessibility to the EOP files. I was wondering if there is a server that we could access to get such files. I am some VLBA data from 2015-2017 and I need such files. Or could you please provide me with the files in order to proceed with the analysis?
I appreciate your help in this matter,
Regards,

Luis Henry Quiroga Nuñez     			PhD. Candidate Leiden Observatory-JIVE

quiroganunez at strw.leidenuniv.nl     	  Web: http://www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~quiroganunez
Leiden Observatory-Leiden University      Phone  :  +31-(0)-71-527-8134
Niels Bohrweg 2                             		  Fax       :  +31-(0)-71-527-5819
NL-2333CA, Leiden,                   		  Mobile  :  +31-(0)-6-36495789
The Netherlands

                                      Also affiliated with
                                      Joint Institute for VLBI ERIC,
                                      nunez at jive.eu

Difx users,

There is a transition occurring at GSFC. Access to the
https://gemini.gsfc.nasa.gov <https://gemini.gsfc.nasa.gov/> URL is being shut down. I
just got back from travel and this is happening a bit
earlier than I expected. All of our web pages and data
files that have previously been available at
https://gemini.gsfc.nasa.gov <https://gemini.gsfc.nasa.gov/> will be copied daily to
a computer that will be accessible from outside of GSFC.

The EOP files should be available at
https://vlbi.gsfc.nasa.gov/services/apriori <https://vlbi.gsfc.nasa.gov/services/apriori>
when the transition is completed. I believe our systems
administrator is out with the flu though, so it may be
a few days.

I am now producing two versions of the EOP file:

usno_finals.erp - the full version, ~39 years of
daily EOP's.

usno500_finals.erp - a shortened version, just the last
500 EOP points. It goes from around a year ago
to a few months into the future. I recommend most
users should start using this file, unless you are
correlating something more than a year old. It is
also small enough to be Emailed to the difx group
whereas the full file is too big. I am attaching
today's version.

The EOP files get generated at ~4:30 AM Eastern
time, and they will be copied to the external
machine at ~5:00 AM Eastern time. This translates
to 10:00 UTC during Eastern Standard Time, and
09:00 UTC during Eastern Daylight Time (which
starts March 11 here).

There may be other files that some of you have
been downloading that we are not aware of. If so,
let me know. And feel free to forward this to
others who may not be on the difx mailing list.

Best Regards,
David