[Difx-users] Difx on XEON Scalable Platform CPUs?

Walter Brisken wbrisken at lbo.us
Tue Apr 10 11:26:29 EDT 2018

Hi Peter,

Thanks for chiming in.  Indeed getting benchmarks on a system would be
useful.  To get useful benchmarking values I find the system being studied
needs to be in a cluster environment with other machines serving as the
"datastream nodes" and with sufficient network backbone that I/O is not
the limiting factor.

Your information about the execution units vs. CPU series is quite good to
know.  An important thing to determine is if I/O (either system-wide, or
even just RAM<-->Cache<-->CPU) becomes the limiting factor in these
systems for the calculations we perform.

 	-W