[comm] Communications meeting Wednesday

Gareth Hunt ghunt at nrao.edu
Wed Apr 28 14:54:11 EDT 2010

Guys,

I am interested in doing EVLA data reduction for ECSV/OSRO projects in
CV.  As far I can ascertain, there are 4-6 people in CV who need good
access to the data and processing power in fairly short order (~weeks).
  So I have (at least) three questions:

1. When can we have a couple of fairly powerful (rack-mounted?)
workstations to do the data reduction?  Note I can help with the
financing for this.

2. (the real one for this group) When will there be a 1 Gbit (tunnelled)
link for data SOC->CV?

3. (not so important) When will a copy of the EVLA archive be shipped
from SOC to CV?  (The real question is how soon will it be in CV and
have synchronized EVLA data using the aforementioned link?)

Thanks,
Gareth.