[comm] [Alma-comms] Minutes of meeting, task list

Gene Runion grunion at nrao.edu
Fri Jul 6 13:47:52 EDT 2007

routers
>      to lower the normally high QoS for VoIP?  Do we need to?]

VoIP and video traffic isn't bursty, this is a key point to keep in
mind.  Assume the VoIP uses 70K bandwidth, the highest quality codec,
and you have two simultaneous calls then you are left with 1G minus 140K
of bandwidth for all other traffic.  If this results in a problem then
the whole design is extremely marginal and will not be stable.  The
amount of VoIP traffic to an antenna will be negligible and will not
interfere with other traffic; however other traffic could interfere with
VoIP if priorities aren't configured correctly.

..clip..