[comm] No Communications meeting tomorrow + news

Gareth Hunt ghunt at nrao.edu
Mon Apr 16 15:00:21 EDT 2001

Guys,

Reminder: We will meet on Tuesdays at 10:30 EDT, 8:30 MDT, 7:30 MST via video.
          Meetings will be held as needed.

I have no items in need of discussion, so I propose cancelling the meeting.

Intranet status:

  Briefly - nothing has happened.  Gene and I called the AT&T representative
  this morning.  They have received the basic work order through GovWorks, but
  they have not set a date for the cut-over.  One or both of us should hear
  from him today (I'm not holding my breath!).  Billing on the new contract
  should be retro-active to it's date of issuanace (Apr 1, 2001).  He repeated
  that there should be no disruption of service.

  Gene and I also complained about the rates and told him that we would be
  bidding out the contract again later this year unless there are dramatic
  decreases.  This time he let us know that he has not seen the quotes that
  AT&T sent us!  When he responds to a solicitation, he hands over the bidding
  process entirely and steps out of the loop.  He will look into the rates and
  see of he can make improvements.

Cheers,
Gareth.