[alma_na] ALMAEDM slots

Dick Sramek dsramek at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Aug 7 18:27:47 EDT 2003

Hello Massimo, Dick and Marc,

We are about to run out of open slots on ALMAEDM.  We have 397
registered users out of 400 possible.  The cost is now $10,000 to add an
additional 100 users plus about $20 annual maintenance fee per user.

24 of the recent new users are Japanese who have been given accounts.

There are 89 registered users who have not logged on since 31-Dec-2002,
which includes 56 users who have never logged on.

I suggest we send the following e-mail to the 56 who have never logged
on to ALMAEDM.

We will soon be out of open slots to register new users onto ALMAEDM.
Our records show that you have not used this system in 2003.

I would like to close your account effective 15-August-2003.  If you
feel you still need to maintain an ALMAEDM account please reply to this
e-mail.  If I do not hear from you by 15-August-2003 I will assume you
no longer need access to ALMAEDM.

If in the future you need to access ALMAEDM please contact me to
establish a new account.

Stacy Oliver

If we don't take this step we should purchase 100 more seats using ALMA
funds.  Since the Japanese staff only get limited access at this time,
it may be premature to ask them to buy the next round of licenses.

If anyone knows of users who no longer need their account, please e-mail
Stacy.

The list of 89 inactive users is attached.

I'd like to distribute this e-mail on 8-Aug or 11-Aug.

..DS..