[alma_na] System Requirements Review (SRR)

Dick Sramek dsramek at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Aug 1 10:50:15 EDT 2003

System Requirements Review (SRR)   1-Aug-2003

SE&I IPT will conduct a System Requirement Review early in September
2003.  The goal is to get the ALMA top level requirements documents
approved. The SRR will review these documents for completeness,
contradictions, disagreements, errors and misinterpretations.  At the
end of the SRR we should be confident that we understand fully what it
is we have to build.

The documents to be reviewed include:

Science Requirements document
System Requirements document
Sub-system Requirements documents
Engineering Requirements documents
External ICDs
Safety Documents
Product Assurance Requirements

An EXCEL file listing these documents is attached.  There are still some
uncertainties in the ICD list which will have to be resolved.

The documents to be reviewed should be submitted to the ALMAEDM as part
of the document approval process.  The schedule for the SRR is given
below. Documents needed for the antenna RFP need to be approved earlier
than other requirements documents.

15-Aug	submit antenna RFP documents to EDM
25-Aug	CCB approval of RFP documents
01-Sep	submit remaining documents to EDM
19-Sep	end of comment period
30-Sep	document update complete
07-Oct	CCB/SRR teleconference for approval

The membership of the review panels and details of the review process
will be distributed later.  Questions and comments on the SRR should be
sent to both Sramek and Haupt.

SE IPT
Dick Sramek
Christoph Haupt