[wfc] Result of WFC Vote on HEALPix Proposal

Arnold Rots arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 1 12:31:30 EST 2006

I have the pleasure of announcing the result of the vote of the WGAS
(North American) FITS Committee on the proposal for a HEALPix
convention:

    Should the proposed conventions for representing the HEALPix
    projection in FITS files, given in Section 6 of the paper
    "Mapping on the HEALPix grid" by Mark Calabretta and Boud Roukema,
    be approved as an extension of the FITS World Coordinate System
    (WCS) standard?

Yes:            15
No:              0
Abstain:         1
Total votes:    16
Non-voting:      0
WFC membership: 16

The following comment was received:
  However, I encourage Mark to provide a sample HEALPIX
  FITS dataset on his website as a test implementation.

Since 2/3 of the committee membership cast a vote and 2/3 of the votes
cast were in the affirmative, I declare that the proposal has been
approved by the WGAS FITS Committee.

Respectfully submitted,

  - Arnold Rots
    Chair WFC

Arnold H. Rots                                Chandra X-ray Science Center
60 Garden Street, MS 67                              fax:  +1 617 495 7356
Cambridge, MA 02138                             arots at head.cfa.harvard.edu