[wfc] WCS papers heads up!

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Fri Jun 21 17:37:35 EDT 2002

Gang!

   I'd like to give you a heads up on the World Coordinate System papers.

As you probably are well aware, the WCS papers by Greisen & Calabretta are in a
very advance stage now, after much negotiations two papers are just about ready
for review by the WFC (us). I expect to announce that we can go and make the
offical Call for Votes on monday, once I have final details on where these
papers can be viewed from so you can look at them. Most of you have hopefully
seen traffic on sci.astro.fits and fitswcs and been able to read earlier
versions.

So here's my heads up, i hope the count of people not on vacation will be large
enough so we can vote for this in the next two weeks.

- peter