[wfc]WFC waking up

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Fri Nov 2 18:11:59 EST 2001

Dear WGAS FITS Committee members,

   this email serves as a 'wakeup' call. For over a year we have not conducted
any business, and several things are lined up for a vote. Most notably probably
the WCS proposal, in the form of 4 papers by Greisen & Calabretta. But also Bill
Pencee discussed a number of proposals at the last ADASS in Victoria, some of
them are ready for a vote. Some of those are quite small and should be able to
run in parallel to the perhaps more involved WCS issues.

What i would like from each of you is to reply to me personally, not to the
group, that you are "awake for work" again, and an outline of the procedures
will follow in the next few weeks.

I'll also entertain any other ideas you may have on conducting these businesses.

Peter Teuben,
  - chairman of the NA FITS committee, aka WFC.