[wfc] FITS NOST : Call For Votes this friday!

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Wed Sep 22 01:13:16 EDT 1999

Dear voting collegues,

  slightly distracted by a minor turbulence in the local atmosphere here,
as promised, I am finally going to call for a vote on the NOST 100-2.0
FITS standards documents for this Friday, September 24, 1999, 23.59 EDT.

I assume that everybody has had ample time to read over the document and I
would like your votes to be in by midnight this coming friday. Reply to
"teuben at astro.umd.edu" with a simple "yes" (meaning you approve the NOST
100-2.0 standard), "no", or "abstain" if you feel you cannot vote.
(but given the responses I expect none of the last option :-)

 Some of you were actually part of the NOST review panel and should be
intimately familiar with the document and realize that a lot of thought
and work have gone into this. The feedback from the community has been
very detailed at times, and significant clarifications have been made to
this document compared to the previous one. I am the wrong person to thank
the whole panel but Barry Schlesinger and Bob Hanisch deserve a lot of
credit for this work!

thank you, and I am looking forward to a full mailbox on friday!

  peter