year 2000

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 1 14:25:25 EDT 1997

I agree with the year 2000 proposal as ammended.  In fact, in my
semi-private version of AIPS (see my www page for details) I have
changed the internal date string to CCYYMMDD and changed the fITS
readers to recognize old and new DATExxxx forms.  The FITS writer
already has code to write the new form, but it is commented out since
I could not anticipate the proposed turn-on date.  I will fix the code
to test the writing date and to swithch formats on 1 jan 1998.

Eric Greisen