[Pafgbt] save PAF cross-correlations rather than formed beam outputs

Brian Jeffs bjeffs at byu.edu
Tue May 21 16:59:19 EDT 2013

Thanks D.J., that gives us some perspective.

My note could have been a bit misleading since in the CASPER F engine,  for a 2048 point FFT we get 1024 frequency channels (real input data, so we throw away the symmetric mirror image frequency bins).  I was quoting N as FFT size, so to get the number of channels you mention requires an FFT that is double the size, e.g. N=8192 for the 20 MHz BW Galactic HI case would give 4096 channels.  This is more than we can do with our existing system.  Perhaps with more ROACHs we could get this big an FFT working on fewer inputs, but I have not seen it done.

Brian