[Pafgbt] BYU RT Correlator Data

Richard Black aeldstesort at gmail.com
Wed May 1 16:32:15 EDT 2013

Rick and Anish,

Here is some sample data from the real-time correlator. I'm sorry it took
so long to get to you.

I've also attached a python script that parses and plots the data. You'll
need the numpy, pylab, h5py, time, sys, math, and poxy python libraries to
run this code.

"plot_corr_h5_zk.py [options] <file_name>" will plot the data in a
user-specified manner.

OPTIONS
------------------
-a #
Specify which antenna to plot against (all cross-PSDs or cross-correlation
functions against #)

-a #_#
Specify which two antennas to plot against each other (cross-PSD or
cross-correlation function between the two #'s)

-a auto
Plot PSDs or auto-correlation functions for all antennas

-p (xx, yy, yx, xy, all)
Specifies which polarization should be plotted-- this refers only to how
the data was treated in the correlator. For this sample data, we only use
'xx.'

-D
Plots the cross/auto-correlation functions. If this option is omitted, the
(cross-)PSDs are plotted instead.

For example, to plot the cross-PSDs against antenna 0, you would use the
following command:
"./plot_corr_h5.py -a 0 -p xx corr.2456087.47037.h5c"

If you wanted to plot the cross-correlation functions against antenna 0,
you would use the following command:
"./plot_corr_h5.py -a 0 -p xx -D corr.2456087.47037.h5c"

If you wanted to plot the cross-PSD between antennas 0 and 1, you would use
the following command:
"./plot_corr_h5.py -a 0_1 -p xx corr.2456087.47037.h5c"

If you wanted to plot the auto-correlation PSDs for all the antennas, you
would use the following command:
"./plot_corr_h5.py -a auto -p xx corr.2456087.47037.h5c"

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if there is any confusion.

Thanks,

Richard Black