[Pafgbt] amplifier failures

Brian Jeffs bjeffs at byu.edu
Thu Jul 18 11:14:51 EDT 2013

Hi Bill,

Sorry to hear of the amplifier problems on the PAF.  Does this change the likelihood of a GBT PAF test in August?  We are still trying to work out how to schedule use of our back end after the Arecibo tests (we are in Arecibo now working on setting things up).

We had talked about sending the system directly from here to Green Bank, but we have also heard from Neal Erickson at UMASS who would like to use it there for some initial data collection on his millimeter wave PAF.  That UMASS collaboration is providing all our current funding for backend development, but I told them we were headed to Green Bank first in August through early September.  What do you think would be a realistic schedule for Green Bank experiments given the amplifier problems?

Brian