[Pafgbt] PAF beamformer size and cost

Rick Fisher rfisher at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 9 11:50:23 EST 2010

Any help I can get on sketching out a sensible computing architecture will
be muh appreciated.  Paul and I kicked around a few issues in the coffee
room this morning, but I'll need lots of tutoring.

For hardware distribution, it seems to make sense to keep the ROACH boards
and ethernet switch in the same room as the data storage computer.  That's
another argument for putting the first beamformer in the lab.

What issues do we need to address?  M&C interface.  Data pipelining.  Data
archiving.  ? ? ?  Is the GUPPI system a good starting point?

Rick