[Pafgbt] GBT PAF system assumptions

Wes Grammer wgrammer at nrao.edu
Tue Feb 9 10:41:56 EST 2010

Regarding the analog fiber modem alternative below, do you have a feel
for what the signal amplitude and phase stability requirements are  for
this case? I'd guess if you ran all 38 fibers in a single fiber cable,
any differential phase or amplitude change would be minimized. But I'd
assume you'd still want high common-mode amplitude stability as well, right?

With a large number of elements, it would seem the cost of the analog
modems would start to add up quick. Would it be more cost-effective to
transmit multiple IF channels riding an RF carrier into a single modem pair?

-Wes