[Pafgbt] PAF beamformer size and cost

Rick Fisher rfisher at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 8 09:44:48 EST 2010

A rough beams per element number may be useful for general parameter
studies, but the details depend on specific science applications.  We
should prepare a fairly detailed analysis of beam efficiency and beam
shape as a function of position in the FOV so that the astronomers can
weigh in on what's most useful.  A finding survey may want a different
beam configuration from a mapping application, and the number of useful
beams may be different when the allocation of signal processing resources
is taken into account.

Rick