[MODEST] Postdoc and PhD positions in the Anillo "Formation and Growth of Supermassive Black Holes"

Michael Fellhauer mfellhauer at astro-udec.cl
Mon Jan 15 08:06:48 EST 2018

Dear colleagues from the Modest mailing list

Apologies if you receive this announcement more than once. I would like to draw your attention to the announcement below. There are 3 new postdoc positions (observational and theoretical) available in Chile based either in Santiago, Valparaiso and Concepcion. Please have a look and circulate the ad to people who might be interested.

Thanks,

Mike

>       Dear colleagues,
>
> the Anillo "Formation and Growth of Supermassive Black Holes" invites
> applications for 3 postdoctoral positions, as outlined in the job-ad below.
>
> The main focus of the program is on black hole formation models and probing
> black hole growth locally and over cosmic time via ALMA/IFUs, the Event
> Horizon Telescope, the NuSTAR satellite as well as predicting implications
> for future gravitational wave observatories. The observational work will be
> complemented with state-of-the-art numerical simulations. Our team
> encompasses Profs. D. Schleicher, N. Nagar and S. Bovino at Universidad de
> Concepción, Prof.   P. Arévalo at Universidad de Valparaiso   and Prof. E.
> Treister at Pontificia   Universidad Católica de Chile.
>
> We also encourage applications of students, who are interested to pursue PhD
> projects in the context of the Anillo. Interested students should send a
> short CV, along with a summary (1-2 pages) of their previous research, a
> copy of their thesis (if available) and an indication on future research
> interests to dschleicher at astro-udec.cl, or any of the members in our
> program.
>
> Additional information are available in the job ad below:
>
> https://jobregister.aas.org/ad/0e0dc72b
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dominik

> Dr. rer. nat. Dominik Schleicher
> associate professor
> Department of Astronomy
> Universidad de Concepción
> Barrio Universitario
> Av. Esteban Iturra, Casilla 160-C
> Concepción, Chile
> TEL: +56 9 76550770
> http://theory-starformation-group.cl/

Dr. rer. nat. Michael Fellhauer (profesor asociado /asociate professor)

Departamento de Astronomía
Universidad de Concepción
Casilla 160-C
Concepción, Chile