[MODEST] Announcement of MODEST 15-S

Steven Rieder steven at Rieder.nl
Sat Jun 27 15:47:37 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We're happy to announce the meeting MODEST 15-S, to be held from December 7 - 11 2015 in Kobe, Japan, to honour the achievements of Prof. Steve McMillan.

At this meeting, we will discuss various topics that Steve has focused on, such as the long-term evolution of star clusters, few-body encounters, multiple populations in star clusters and computational techniques for the N-body problem.

Deadlines for registration:
September 7 (early registration and talks)
November 7 (late registration)

Registration is now open, at http://modest15s.net <http://modest15s.net/>.

We will ask for a modest conference fee of ¥10.000 (approx. €75/$85) to cover the social activities (excursion/tasting at a Sake brewery and the conference dinner).

We may be able to provide limited travel support funding.

Please forward this email to any colleagues that may be interested.

Best regards,
Steven Rieder

On behalf of the scientific organising committee,
Douglas Heggie
Junichiro Makino
Simon Portegies Zwart (chair)
Steven Rieder