[MODEST] Three Job Announcements

Rainer Spurzem spurzem at nao.cas.cn
Tue Aug 13 01:42:52 EDT 2013

   Dear MODEST members,

   here I want to announce three very different jobs, in three (four) countries,
but all
  have something to do with MODEST subjects and with Silk Road Project in some way.
  Please read carefully and forward to potentially interested colleagues or
students.
  Any questions - please to me directly.

  1. Two software engineer positions with participation in the science projects
     are open at ARI/ZAH Heidelberg, which have a lot to do
     with GPU accelerated computing and the Collaborative  Research Center
SFB881 at the
     University of Heidelberg. Though I am in China I am still the P.I. and
supervisor of
     this project. More details please see
http://www.manybody.org/modest/jobs.html .
     (Current period till end of 2014, candidate can help in defending the
center for 4 more years).

  2. Postdoc Positions in the China-Chile cooperation funds, see
     http://jobregister.aas.org/job_view?JobID=45272 . Now there is a little
secret, if you follow
     the link http://cassaca.bao.ac.cn/?page_id=115 given in the page, and then
another link
     http://cassaca.bao.ac.cn/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Research-subjects.pdf
     and then you look at project number (4) "Numerical Simulation Study on
Dynamics of Stars,
     Gas, and Black Holes in AGNs", supervised by Jorge Cuadra, Thijs
Kouwenhoven and me.
     So, anybody interested in some theoretical dynamical modelling of galactic
nuclei CAN
     APPLY IN THIS SCHEME.

  3. A Ph.D. student position is announced at Nicolaus Copernicus Astronomical
Center on
     star cluster simulations with MOCCA and N-Body, in close collaboration with
Silk Road
     Project, supervisor is Mirek Giersz, see
https://www.camk.edu.pl/en/phd/phd_theses/ ,
     look for MOCCA.

  Best wishes
  Rainer

  Rainer Spurzem, Professor, State Specially Recruited Expert, Office A121
  National Astronomical Observatories of China, Chinese Academy of Sciences
  NAOC/CAS, 20A Datun Rd., Chaoyang District, Beijing 100012, China
  spurzem at nao.cas.cn  Office: +86 10 6480 6001     http://silkroad.bao.ac.cn
  Astronomisches Rechen-Institut (ARI)          spurzem at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
  Zentrum für Astronomie Univ. Heidelberg (ZAH), Germany
  The Kavli Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics at Peking University
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people
very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. (Douglas Adams)