[MODEST] Aspen Winter meeting -- request for statement of interest

Rainer Spurzem spurzem at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Jan 9 03:03:59 EST 2012

 Dear Alison and MODEST list,

 yes, I am also very interested to attend. I am cc'ing this as well
 to the whole MODEST list, because it may help us to see all the others
 who are interested to come.

 Best wishes
 Rainer

On 01/09/2012 03:50 PM, Giampaolo Piotto wrote:
> Dear Alison,
>
> yes, I might be able to come.
> Giampaolo Piotto
> Dipartimento di Fisica e Astronomia Galileo Galilei
> Universita' di Padova
>
> Best wishes
> GP
>

> Il 09/01/2012 02:04, Alison Sills ha scritto:
>> Dear friends and colleagues,
>>
>> (Apologies if you receive this email more than once).
>>
>> Douglas Heggie, Steve McMillan, Simon Portegies Zwart, and I are working
>> to submit a proposal for a Winter Conference at the Aspen Centre for
>> Physics. This would be a 5-day conference during January or February
>> 2013. Our emphasis will be the formation and early evolution of dense
>> stellar systems, and we will be following the MODEST tradition of
>> devoting time to small group and workshop sessions in addition to
>> standard sessions with talks.
>>
>> In order to be successful, the proposal must list the names and
>> affiliations of researchers who have expressed an interest in attending,
>> and we must have a sufficiently impressive (i.e. long) list.
>>
>> If there is any possibility that you could attend, or at least are
>> interested, please reply to me with your FULL NAME and INSTITUTION by
>> this Friday, January 13, at the latest.
>>
>> Also, please forward this invitation to anyone who might be interested
>> (grad students, postdocs, other colleagues) and encourage them to also
>> reply to me.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your prompt replies.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> alison
>>
>> for the SOC:
>>
>> Alison Sills
>> Douglas Heggie
>> Steve McMillan
>> Simon Portegies Zwart

 Rainer Spurzem, Visiting Professor                        spurzem at bao.ac.cn
 National Astronomical Observatories of China, Chinese Academy of Sciences
 NAOC/CAS, 20A Datun Rd., Chaoyang District, Beijing 100012, China
 Phone +86 10 6480 6001        Office A330
                                 http://ilibrary.las.ac.cn/web/silkroad/home
 Astronomisches Rechen-Institut (ARI)          spurzem at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
 Zentrum für Astronomie Univ. Heidelberg (ZAH)
 Mönchhofstrasse 12-14, 69120 Heidelberg
                       http://www.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/mitarbeiter/spurzem/
 The Kavli Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics at Peking University
 Office 107                                          http://kiaa.pku.edu.cn/