[MODEST] Announcement

Sverre Aarseth sverre at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 07:08:23 EDT 2012

      Summer School on NBODY7-GPU

To celebrate 50 years as an N-body code developer I propose to organize a
school on the topics of NBODY7 and GPU with Seppo Mikkola and Keigo Nitadori
as guest lecturers. This activity will take place at Institute of Astronomy
during the week starting 16 July with accommodation including breakfast and
dinner at Churchill College from Sunday evening 15 July to Saturday
morning 21.

The main program will consist of talks on relevant aspects of the codes with
particular emphasis on Post-Newtonian treatments and GPU implementation.
There will also be ample time for discussions with hands-on practicals.
We are looking for applications from up to ten graduate students and
post-docs with some experience of dynamical simulations. Full funding for
all the participants is available to cover the stay plus the two daily meals
in the nearby Churchill College.

Attendance will be strictly limited to ten for effective interactions. Hence
a selection will have to be made. I now welcome applications with a brief
summary of experience and interests.

Please distribute this note to others working on N-body simulations.

Sverre Aarseth