[MODEST] MODEST-9c Workshop on Virtual Worlds

Piet Hut piet at ias.edu
Tue Aug 11 12:49:12 EDT 2009

Hi MODEST colleagues:

Next month, September 7-11, we will hold the MODEST-9c workshop in Tokyo.

Title:
Using Virtual Worlds for Interactive Simulations of Star Cluster Evolution

For the program, see:

   http://www.manybody.org/modest/Workshops/modest-9c.html

This informal workshop will focus on the use of virtual worlds, such
as Second Life and OpenSim, the open source version of Second Life,
as venues for running and visualizing simulations of star cluster
evolution.  The meeting is sponsored by MICA, the Meta Institute for
Computational Astrophysics, based in Second Life, and will be held in
two different locations in Real Life: at NAOJ, the National Astronomical
Observatory of Japan, and NII, the National Institute for Informatics,
both in Tokyo, Japan.

Feel free to contact me if you are interested in attending, and/or you
have questions, comments, suggestions.

Cheers,

Piet