[MODEST] MODEST-7c workshop

Steve McMillan steve at kepler.physics.drexel.edu
Tue Sep 5 12:27:34 EDT 2006

Dear MODEST astronomer,

    This is a reminder that the 1-day workshop,
"Multi-scale, Multi-physics Software Frameworks (in MODEST
and Elsewhere)" will take place at Drexel University,
Philadelphia, on Friday, September 15, 2006.  The meeting
will be held in the conference room of the Paul Peck Alumni
Center, on Drexel's University City Campus, at the corner of
32nd and Market Streets.  More information can be found on
the workshop web page:

      http://manybody.org/modest/Workshops/modest-7c.html

    The morning session of the workshop will consist of a
brief introduction (by me), followed by three invited
30-minute talks, with 30 minutes of discussion following
each talk.  The invited speakers are experts in software
frameworks in other areas of computational science:

* David Berhholdt (Oak Ridge National Laboratory)
  The CCA (Common Component Architecture) Software Framework

* Erik Schnetter (LSU Center for Computation and Technology)
  The Cactus Environment

* V. Balaji (Princeton University)
  Frameworks for Cimate Modeling

The afternoon session will be devoted to informal
discussion, demonstrations, and possibly additional short
presentations.

    I look forward to seeing you next week!

Regards,

Steve McMillan

--
Stephen L. W. McMillan, Professor of Physics, Drexel University
+1 215-895-2723, FAX +1 215-895-5934, steve at physics.drexel.edu