[MODEST] Modest-6A: The Modest Questions

Melvyn B. Davies mbd at astro.lu.se
Sun Oct 16 12:00:25 EDT 2005

Dear MODEST members:

           MODEST QUESTIONS at MODEST-6A
           ==============================

    Modest-6a will take place at Lund Observatory, Lund, in southern
Sweden, 12-15 December, 2005.

    A key theme of this meeting will be the MODEST QUESTIONS:

           * what are the key remaining questions in our field?

           * what are we likely to be able to do in the next 1, 3,
             and 10 years?

           * what new collaborative projects are possible?

    I intend to produce a summary of our thoughts on the MODEST QUESTIONS
and (at least) put it on astro-ph, perhaps also elsewhere (eg New Astronomy).

 Modest-6a will be run in the style of Aspen/ITP/Newton Institute
meetings, with plenty of time for discussion.

  The format and venue for Modest-6a will limit the number of attendees to
about 40-50, so please register soon to avoid disappointment. Many
people
have already registered.

    Further information (including concerning hotels) can be found at the
Modest-6a webpage:

            http://www.astro.lu.se/~melvyn/modest6a.html

    Regarding hotels, please book early. The First Hotel Planetstaden
is located a pleasant walk from both the city centre and Lund Observatory.

    I will schedule the programme assuming people are arriving on
Sunday evening and leaving on Thursday evening.

                     Cheers,

                           Melvyn B. Davies

Melvyn B. Davies
Lund Observatory        E-mail: mbd at astro.lu.se
Box 43                  Phone:  +46 46-222 1568
SE-221 00 Lund          FAX:    +46 46-222 4614
Sweden            http://www.astro.lu.se/~melvyn