[MODEST] Re: MODEST-6: first announcement

Fred Rasio rasio at northwestern.edu
Wed Jan 19 01:56:56 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

I have received relatively few responses so far, probably because the
timing
of my first message was not ideal (just before the holidays).

Please take a minute now to read the announcement and, if you haven't
done so
yet, let me know if you will likely attend (or not), and whether you
will
need a hotel.

In order to make a hotel block room reservation and get a discounted
room rate,
I need a reasonably accurate estimate of the number of people who will
need a
hotel. The rate I could get if I signed the contract offered to me is
$119 per
night (plus tax) at the Orrington Hotel (see below; normal rate is
$149). This
is for a double room, and sharing is possible. The Orrington is just a
few
minutes from campus, by far the most convenient hotel nearby.

We now have set up a web site for the meeting:

http://www.astro.northwestern.edu/MODEST6/index.html

Thanks,

Fred