[MODEST] Petition Shutdown Astronomy in Basel

Rainer Spurzem spurzem at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Feb 9 14:48:55 EST 2004

   Dear colleagues of MODEST,

   please excuse me for this intrusion, which has no direct link
 specific to the MODEST theme. Nevertheless I thought many of you
 might be interested to have a look at the fate of our colleagues
 at Basel Observatory (Switzerland) and decide possibly to support
 their petition for a continuation of Astronomy in Basel. More details
 can be given by Eva Grebel (grebel at astro.unibas.ch) , Ortwin
 Gerhard (gerhard at astro.unibas.ch) or by me if you have any questions.

 Please have a look at (German, English, French):

   http://www.astro.unibas.ch/petition/petition_de.shtml
   http://www.astro.unibas.ch/petition/petition_en.shtml
   http://www.astro.unibas.ch/petition/petition_fr.shtml

  Best wishes

  Rainer Spurzem

 Rainer Spurzem                      spurzem at ari.uni-heidelberg.de
 Astronomisches Rechen-Institut                   Phone +49-6221-405-230
 M"onchhofstrasse 12-14, 69120 Heidelberg         Fax   +49-6221-405-297

 http://www.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/mitarbeiter/spurzem/index.html