[MODEST] MODEST-1 summary paper

Piet Hut piet at ias.edu
Tue Jul 16 08:54:23 EDT 2002

Hi All:

You can find the MODEST-1 summary paper on today's astro-ph list under
http://arXiv.org/abs/astro-ph/0207318 (on a rather `modest' last place).

So now we can concentrate on doing the actual work we discuss in the paper.
Right now, Jamie has started to work with Dave's Tycho code, and I believe
that he and Onno will try to bring Onno's version of the Eggleton code into
the loop.  Also, Marc and Jamie are going to explore simplifying Marc's
treatment of hyperbolic encounters.  In addition, there are various other
projects going on.  We look forward to hear from you all about what next
steps you are going to take -- keep us informed, and don't hesitate to
share questions and comments on this email list.

Thank you for your many helpful comments on and contributions to the paper!

Piet