[Mnj] 31DEC18 and patches to 31DEC17

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Jan 19 17:06:04 EST 2018

The 31DEC18 version of AIPS is now our development version.  31DEC17
is the "frozen" version although it already has 4 patches.  They cover
linear polarization calibration, batch processing, CALIB with SMODEL,
and UVSUB with gridded MODL.  A MNJ on 31DEC17 will get you the patched
code.

The AIPSLetter covering the last 6 months of 31DEC17 is available at the
main web site  http://www.aips.nrao.edu/.

I believe that no one has downloaded the MacPPC or Solaris versions in
many years.  Therefore, we are discontinuing those binary versions in
31DEC18.  They remain available in 31DEC17, but patches to them may not
continue if NRAO IT decides to retire the very old machines that support
them.

A gfortran compilation of AIPS on Mac has been tested and at least the
5.4 version works fine.  It is support by the compile control files in
31DEC18.

A Mac mini has been ordered to allow us to test advanced operating
systems.  At present High Sierra has not been tested for AIPS at NRAO.
It is reported to work with a pre-existing binary installation but to
have problems when attempting a new installation.

Eric Greisen