[Mnj] Solaris support in AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Jul 17 11:29:28 EDT 2017

The local computer division has notified us that our last Sun Solaris
computers are dying and will not be replaced.  This means that the
long-running support for Solaris in AIPS will cease - the binary version
will no longer be current but the Z routines will remain.
.  Note that if you have a Solaris system with compilers, then you can
still compile AIPS yourself on your computer.  What will be lost is the
binary installation.

Please let me know asap if this will be a serious problem.

Eric Greisen