[Mnj] Messed up again - solaris

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Nov 23 12:26:22 EST 2004

We are in the process of making a binary install and MNJ so that Macs
and - fairly soon - Solaris Ultras may use NRAO's compilers and simply
download binaries rather than having to compile locally.  The IBM (for
Mac) and SUN compilers are not free but allow us to ship binaries - so
NRAO has paid for the compilers and will be making this available.

Unfortunately, we are making mistakes.  We have shipped a file

$UPDUNIX/UPDCONFIG

which may also appear as a real rather than link file

$TST/$ARCH/UPDATE/UPDCONFIG

that contains within it a test

if [ -e $SYSLOCAL/RSYNC.ME ]; then
   UpdRsync="YES"
else
   UpdRsync="NO"
fi

which works on Linux and Mac but not Solaris.  Before your next MNJ
(asssuming you ran one in the last 12 hours) please change the -e to a
-f on your Solaris machines.

MNJs run after now will have this fix installed.

Sorry about this...

Eric Greisen