[Mnj] Midnight job failures

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Thu Nov 29 09:56:47 EST 2001

[sorry; meant to send this out yesterday]

Due to an unexpected "feature"[1] of an upgrade to our Secure Shell Daemon
on the AIPS midnight job server mnj.cv.nrao.edu, most midnight jobs that
tried to run in the 30-odd hours up to 1:30pm (US/EST) will have failed.
The problem has now been rectified, and your next midnight job should not
experience this problem.

Apologies for the temporary break in service.

				- Pat

[1] For the technically inclined: With OpenSSH_3.0.1p1, we found entries
    in /etc/passwd that override NIS/YP are ignored.  We use this feature
    for the aipsmgr account on mnj.cv.nrao.edu and when the account's home
    directory was different, the MNJ ssh keys were no longer accessible.

--
 Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.              Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
 Home: http://www.chien-noir.com/    Work: http://www.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/