[Mnj] Something you need to do

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Dec 6 11:11:10 EST 2001

Last evening I changed AIPSUPD and UPDLSTDAT.c in $UPDUNIX.  The
change is designed to make everything work with an exact time in UT
rather than integer days in local time which can get confused between
time zones, late-night AIPS programmers (few now that Ketan is gone),
and the like.  I also changed the chkout/putbck system in CV to use UT
in the log files.  [Actually all the real work was done by Pat Murphy,
I just checked things out and put them in place.]

The thing you need to do is recompile UPDLSTDAT.c.  Do

     cd $TST/$ARCH/UPDATE
     more UPDLSTDAT.c               (The copyright should now include
                                     2001 - checks that you have the
                                     new version)
     cc -O -o UPDLSTDAT UPDLSTDAT.c

I should also pass on a heads up, the details of which remain to be
determined.  We are moving the site of the AIPS repository for 31DEC02
to the Array Operations Center in Socorro.  We are also changing the
MNJ so that the file copying is handled by cvsup from anonymous ftp
areas rather than scp.  This should eliminate the periodic ssh
failures/upheavals we have all experienced.  I expect that we may move
the entire aips web site / ftp site to the AOC.

For the moment we will leave all as is in Charlottesville and test the
new 31DEC02 setup inside the AOC.  When it is working and we have made
all sorts of other decisions we will notify you about what comes
next.

Eric Greisen