No subject

Thu Jul 24 13:54:52 EDT 2014

Dear Colleagues IPT Leaders and Deputies,

on behalf of the AEC, I have the pleasure to present you some
information on the planning of the ALMA Week, which will take place in
Granada, Spain from 23-27 April 2002.

Up to now, as a reaction to my earlier email, the following meetings
have been announced:

Glendenning 	- Software group - Phase 2 "kick-off" 			2 days
Lucas	  	- SSR group       					2 days
Sramek	  	- Backend PDR						2 days
Nyman/Radford	- Calibration/Site Characterization joint meet	 	0.5 d
Mangum	  	- Plans of the AEG for the Antenna Test Facility 	0.5 d
AEC		- face-to-face meeting					2 days
AEC	  	- plenary: IPT reports and planning			>=1 day
AEC	  	- plenary: concluding summary meeting			0.5 day

[Guilloteau/Wootten     Configuration review -                          0.5 days
 Guilloteau/Wootten     Calibration review   -                          1 day
                           0.5 of it part of the Radford meeting I guess
      Calibration -- including what site characterization group can do,
 water vapor monitoring, and IRMA (deployment perhaps in May), and ATF
 plans (semi-transparent vane?  Hot loads in subreflector?  Photonic cal?)

There will be a late afternoon session, planned by our Spanish
colleagues and IRAM, to present ALMA to a broadeer Spanish public
(Granada University, Spanish industry, officials), where some of you
will be asked to give a presentation.

If any of you envision a meeting, not listed above, please inform me
of your plan as early as possible, so we may start the overall
planning of the agenda.
The local organisation requests to know the number of participants to
enable them to block rooms at a competitive price. Please give me
your indication of the numbeer of likely participants from your IPT
(or any others, you might want to invite to attend) by 7 February at
the latest.

For the "IPT report and planning" plenary session, you will receive a
separate letter from the AEC o n the requested form and content of
your contribution.

thank you for your attention to these matters,

with best regards,

Jaap