[mmaimcal] Operations savings affecting science

Al Wootten awootten at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 13 19:27:20 EST 2010

Folks

It was suggested that some operations saving might be made by shutting
down during Bolivian Winter, and/or by skipping main array
configurations.  I put some very brief thoughts on that down.  I don't
favor the former but I think there are some possibilities for the
latter.  See

https://safe.nrao.edu/wiki/bin/view/ALMA/15Jan10

where I put some links to supporting material with the thought of
polling the ANASAC on these items.

Remember that the original plan was to step through all configurations
going out (or in) and reverse coming back, with one direction populating
the extended north-south configurations for extreme declinations.

What are your comments?  Unless folks think it useful, there won't be an
mmaimcal telecon to discuss this until perhaps the normal Sci IPT
telecon next Weds.